OHC A 1956/000024

Bannerstone view A_1956_000024
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024a
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024b
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024d
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024d1
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024d2
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024d3
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024d4
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024d5
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024d7
Bannerstone view A_1956_000024d8

About this Bannerstone

BA#

112

Catalog or Accession #

A 1956/000024

Date Studied

06/14/2023

Bannerstone Type

Material

Perforation

Condition

Provenance/Provenience

Wayne County, Ohio. Donated as part of a large collection to the OHC by Dr. Gordon Meuser between June 13, 1942 and March 22, 1961.

Location

Color

Greenish black with black banding

Width (cm)

3.1

Height (cm)

6.0

Diameter of Perforation (cm)

1.4

Depth at Perforation/or Widest Point (cm)

2.0

Depth at Edge (cm)

0.5

Weight (g)

74.4

Notes

The three edges of this Triangular bannerstone have been incised with marks. On two of the sides there are 15 marks, and on the third side there are 9. The lower portion of this side has chipped. This kind of marking or tallies is similar to AMNH DM/360 and AMNH DM/970. 190/5 is written in black on one side; 1956/24 is written black on another side; there is a white sticker with Garth's 74 on the third side with Wayne Co. written in black below.

Date

6000-1000 BCE

Rights

These images may be downloaded and used freely for teaching and personal use. Include the credit line "© Anna Blume, 2023, Courtesy of the Ohio History Connection" along with the object's Catalog Number. Publishing of images is permitted with additional permission from the OHC. For additional publishing questions, contact [email protected].

Citation

“OHC A 1956/000024,” FIT Bannerstone Project, accessed July 24, 2024, https://bannerstone.fitnyc.edu/items/show/269.

Output Formats